We do lots. Lots of diverse and dynamic activities.
· We hold our own community music and cultural events, monthly in Wyong & Gosford shires, periodically in Newcastle. In 2009 we staged over 30 of these events.
· We assist numerous other events, festivals and activities every year in the Wyong & Gosford shires & broader Newcastle region. From general advice; through performer management, technical skills and equipment, logistics and infrastructure supply and operations, to complete and overall management of major events, many of the biggest festivals and celebrations in our region rely on our expertise.
· We stage our own regional events and festivals.
· We supply training courses and facilitators for a variety of organisations.
· We facilitate regular community drumming gatherings.
· Above all, we have fun doing what we do. Directly promoting a spirit of tolerance and acceptance within our organisation and activities.
All money raised through entry donations, hire of equipment, grants and sponsorship is used to keep the organisation afloat. It's not just the costs of the supplies and services we use eg; stocks for kitchen, security, insurance, community buses. We need a meeting place and somewhere to keep equipment. Some equipment needs to be professionally serviced, some may have ongoing rental costs.
Wear and tear necessitates replacement of other items, ‘use by’ dates on supplies are observed and supplies are replaced as they expire. On the rare occasions there is some extra money, we may invest in more sound/kitchen/safety equipment/volunteer training, decorations, vehicle repairs or modifications etc but generally we just about tick over each year while making occasional donations to worthy causes.
Anything and everything. Our organisation is constantly evolving and expanding as we increase our membership base. Whatever your passion or interest, Brackets & Jam can use your enthusiasm and talents. Our members can be involved in pretty much anything, including but not limited to:
· Musicians, dancers and performers of all types imaginable.
· Our technical boffins providing live sound and lighting and infrastructure matters.
· Our dedicated community cooks who prepare our scrumptious feasts.
· Our event staff who make each event happen and provide the tolerant and family friendly atmosphere we are renowned for.
· Serve on one of our operational or management committees, or be a B&J representative in the wider community.
· The list is potentially endless and really only restrained by volunteer numbers. If you have a passion or an idea, talk to us.
Admission to our Kincumber Mountain event is $10 for adults, children under sixteen are FREE however all under 16s must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Admission to our Brackets North events at Lake Munmorah is $8 for adults, children under sixteen are FREE however all under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.
To join as an Individual, Community group, Business Partner or Sole Trader please check out our member benefits on the web site.
Apart from the warm fuzzy feeling all volunteers know so well, the support and friendship of your peers, the fun and excitement of being part of a vibrant and dynamic organisation, Brackets & Jam is also focused on the skills and wellbeing of our people.
We can and do promote the acquisition of skills and qualifications from within our organization and externally. You can also be involved in major events at a level not available to everyone and attend special events not available to the general public.
An opportunity to learn, to grow and to become part of the Brackets Tribe.
Talk to us. At our events introduce yourself to the MC, the people on the sound desk, our kitchen crew or anyone wearing our snazzy purple shirt.
Check us out on Facebook to find out more.
Check us out online at www.bracketsandjam.com. We have an amazing website full or everything that matters.
Leave us a message on the Bracphone 0402 059 009,
Looking forward to meeting you
The Brackets Crew